After a bit too close to two years, she's finally ready to weigh anchor. My Blood & Plunder frigate is done.
Since I suspect that she will mostly be used as English, I decided to let english ships inspire her color scheme, with large areas yellow and smaller black (well, painted very dark grey, since few things are truly black) details.
And with the inside bulkheads being a very reddish brown (or possibly brownish red). The english did it to hide blood splatter during combat, I did it mostly because I had a nice color.
She's currently carrying a mix of light and medium cannons, with heavier ordnance to the rear. The cannons on the open mid-deck are attached with magnets and can be exchanged. The arrels sticking out of the gunports to aft and fore are solidly glued, but similar enough to be whatever I claim them to be (which may include "painted logs", when there's not a full broadside).
Sails are cloth, since the masts can be folded down when she needs to be transported (theoretically, at least... I have yet to actually try this feature).
Such a beautiful ship of course needs a name, and a name plate. Say hello, Virginia (something suitably english, but could also be spanish, if need be). And yes, that is two gun ports rearwards, that may or may not contain actual cannons, in case someone tries something silly.
All the flags, including the massive ensign to the rear, can be detached, both for transport and when she needs to fly other flags. My intentions are to have a full compliment of spanish flags for her as well, but I will wait to finish those until my galleon is finished, so as to not have lots of loose flags lying around (let's just hope that the galleon gets painted faster...)