2017-06-18

Introduction

Who am I, what is this and so on


Easiest question first, what is this? Quite simple, it's my blog :p

For a slightly less silly answer, it is (hopefully) where I will put up pictures of what I've painted for the various miniature wargames that I play. From time to time, I might also post reviews of kits, rules and other stuff enjoyed by such a hobby. These might include rants, minor or major, when I find stuff that is, in my opinion, utterly stupid. These might also be somewhat rambly, given that I am rambly by nature.

Miniatures! (Specifically, Spaniards for Blood & Plunder)

Do note, I do not proclaim to be a great painter, I lack the patience required for that. What I aim for is "good enough for the tabletop". Sure, I add details that would not be noticed at such a distance, but that is for my personal amusement and relaxation, not because it will be good.

Miniature wargames, you say? Well, as any miniature wargamer knows, it's not enough to specify miniature wargames as your hobby, you need to specify which miniature wargame(s) you mean, and usually which factions within those as well. There might be a (somewhat rambly) post about it in the future, but the short if it: I have played Warhammer 40k (as Tau and Orks). That was how it started, but I have since left it for various reasons. I played Flames of War for a significant amount of time, but recently (as of their latest edition and the releases following that) I've found that I no longer agree with that game. Have a lot of armies, but the main ones are Aussies, for EW and MW in the desert, Germans (two armies, panzers for EW in the desert and Paner Lehr Panzergrenadiers for LW in Normandy) and a metric arse-ton of americans (I can field pretty much everything not too esoteric or airborne for LW... and a few of the esoteric lists as well). I've got 2 SAGA armies, Normans and Vikings, and the latest hotness: Blood & Plunder (this will get a larger post later... or several), where I can field pretty much all kinds of factions that are expected at sea, though only the spanish Guarda Costa is currently painted.

There might also be posts dealing with my other hobbies aside from wargaming. That mostly means role playing games, but occasional LEGO kits and MOCs* might appear, as well as nature photography if I get the camera out. While I am an avid reader, I will most likely not post much about books/authors here, unless they relate to any of the above (the one thing that would make me post about it, has sadly already happened. GNU Terry Pratchett).

A note on photography: just as I am not a great painter, I am not a great photographer. Once more, I lack the patience necessary for that. What I do have, is a decent camera (when I remember to bring it, and isn't reduced to using my smartphone) and an ability to find enjoyment while behind it. Possibly some natural inclination to not be completely shit at it, but that might in part be because I use the shotgun technique (take enough pictures, and some of them will turn out good enough).

Lilacs. They do have certain significance for me, partly due to Pratchett (if you don't know, read Night Watch... hell, if you don't know, read Night Watch and all the books preceding it, fall in love with Pratchetts books, and read them all)


The intention is to try to update at least once every week. But I make no promises, that way I won't break them.

What is this not? Intentions and all that, but it's not a personal diary. My personal life is intended to be just that, personal. I will try to keep politics out of it (it's just not something that interrests me, even though it probably should). In fact, anything happening in the "real world" will most likely not make it this far, unless and how it affects aforesaid hobbies.


Who am I then? (allow me my delusion of grandeur in assuming that someone who isn't family or a friend will read this)
Me, as represented in LEGO.

A guy, most often in a hat (I have several hats, and am rarely without at least one of them). At times, a bit of a fool (especially when it comes to new and shiny miniatures and/or rules). Swedish, if that matters. This means that while I like to think that I am quite good at english, it is not my native language, and mistakes will occur. Apologies for those. Of course, some times those mistakes are just misspellings. Apologies for those as well.


/Fool in a Hat out

*MOCs: "My Own Creations", that is LEGO that I've built with no instructions (I am not sure what major modifications counts as, but those might appear as well)

(Oh, and yeah, footnotes will occur from time to time. Blame Pratchett for those)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar