2022-10-07

Something more Forest-y this way comes - SAGA AoM Lords of the Wild

 Things have... not quite gone according to plan, but at long last, I've managed to finish one more project. Atlantis Miniatures managed to undergo a name change, and are now Blue Giant Studios, in the meanwhile, but I've finally finished all their Wood Elves (or at least, all the ones I've got). The base idea is to run these as Lords of the Wild, for SAGA: Age of Magic.


First, and most important for elves, are of course Archers. 12 Warriors in SAGA terms, a decent bunch, packing a punch at a distance, and also in melee if things get worrisome.


And then, of course, some warriors armed only with melee weapons, as well, because going without is usually a bad idea.


And then, there's the cavalry. They may not use horses like most "civilised" folks, but do not underestimate the power of a charge from these, it may cost you deer-ly. Most likely, these will be run as Hearthguard in SAGA terms, both to conserve figures, and to provide a compact counter-punch.


Now, the fun thing with SAGA: Age of Magic, is the availability of extra heroes, in each factions Lieutenant. You may only be able to get one, but I'll have plenty of options for who to field as one. The other two can fill out the warrior units, I guess...


Similarly, more than one Spellcaster is probably extravagant (although I've seen a few people do decently with 2), but it never hurts to have options. And more lovely figures to paint was of course also greatly appreciated.


For Warlords, you are definitely limited to one, but options are good. Certainly helps that there's a choice between fielding them Mounted, on Foot, or on a "Beast" (and the black fellow certainly deserves to be considered a Beast).


Last among the Blue Giant Studio Wood Elves, are this young Archer, whom I consider absolutely adorable, and will include one way or another, pretty much whenever I can, just because she's so wonderfully sculpted.

 

The only thing missing, is some bigger fellows. Reaper to the rescue, if I remember correctly, and we've got two, frankly massive, bears to serve as Creatures and general heavy hitters.


But the bears are not the heaviest hitters. No for that, we have a Nature Elemental (from always awesome Bad Squiddo Games). In AoM terms, it'll be a Titan, slow, but nigh on impossible to kill.


Make that two Titans, with a Wizkids Treant. In case one wants two monsters, or need to raise a forest to fight for you, for some reason (yes, that is something the Lords of the Wild can do, in fact).

And for games other than SAGA (primarily Frostgrave), I have some smaller animals as well. First out, two panthers (perhaps younger kin to the one my Warlord might ride), from Wizkids.


And then, a most deligthful Wolf, once again from Blue Giant Studios (not sure if this one was a kickstarter exclusive or not, I'm failing to find it on their homepage...)

Finally, in case I need some kind of markers. A mix of basing kits and Forest Critters, can serve as treasures in Frostgrave, or objectives in most games, really.


All in all, it makes for one quite impressive force.It should be enough to let me field an 8 point warband, with some options. All in all, I love all of these, very full of character, and a joy to paint, with only a bare minimum of things that I didn't find 100% perfect.

Now I just need to figure out who to bribe to get some deer-mounted archers...

/Fool Out


Oh, and just for fun, here's the figures divided up according to how Blue Giant Studis sells them, in case anyone was curious ;)

Elf Archer


Elf Archers (F)

Elf Archers (M)

Elf Deer Riders (F)

Elf Druid

Elk War Lord Mount

Elf Mage

Elf Prince

Elf Princess

Elf Rogue (F)

Elf Rogue (M)

Elf Spellcaster (M)

Elf Stag Riders (M)

Elf Warriors (F)

Elf Warriors (M)

Elf Warriors 2 (F)

Elf Archer (Young Female)

Not quite sure where my "Elf Warriors 2 (M)" went, but there's been a few reorganisations since I got them so probably in one of my (many) piles of shame. But I'll finish of with what I'm starting to suspect is another Kickstarter special, the Elf Princess on Big Kitty.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar