2019-12-01

Blood & Plunder Fluyt

It only took me half a year, but another Blood & Plunder ship has been finished. I seriously need to up my painting time for these. Especially since my effective painting time isn't all that long, it's just that I keep procrastinating and painting smaller stuff (painting gods know how that will work with the Galleon)


Anyway, one fully armed bathtub Fluyt is now done and ready to battle it out on the table. Painting inspiration is somewhat from Kalmar Nyckel, with my usual judicious application of "this color seems nifty here".


The jack (front-most flag, for us not so nautically inclined) was a bit of a rushjob, but it will do for now. And until such  time that I manage to decide between red och orange on my dutch flags, she will get to fly both.


As is usual, I have of course given her a female name, Amelia in this case (as it is suitably dutch-sounding... and close enough to Maarten Tromps ship, Aemilia). Historically, there should have been a painting here, but until I trust my freehanding skills, I will go with names.


The interior is relatively sparse in various shades of wooden browns. My first try with a lighter deck color, and... I think I like it, will have to do similar with more ships.


Of course, it doesn't feel right to have an empty ship. Much better when she's filled up with dutch seamen. Also allows us to get a sense of her space. Just for fun, I drew up an almost fully WYSIWYG 300 points list.


The larger decks have 2 units of 6 models each, with a commander on the rearmost full deck, while the subsection to the rear (the poop deck, unless I mangle my naval terminology again) only a single 6-strong unit. From this, we can see that the rearmost full deck is full (the subsection could probably fit a single model more), while the front deck have some space left... and the middle deck has plenty of space, one could probably fit another 6 models here without problems. Perfect space for some larger cannons...


And a swift change of flags, and she's suddenly belgian (Ostend Privateers, almost-dutch except under spanish command). Truly, she's a versatile ship.


And a somewhat shitty joke to finish us off. Sorry, but I've been itching to make this joke for a year by now...

Now I just need to figure out how to best transport Amelia. The (very) tall stern structure makes my usual boxes insufficient...

/Fool Out

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar